Thursday, May 28, 2009

God's Time

The other day I was offered a job. It is not the best job, most high paying, or even glamorous job that I could get. However, it is in line with my degree and I would really be in my element. This would be a job that I could really shine. I have worked with this organization in the past. I know its ethos and it passion. I know what kind of people work there and I know exactly what the organization’s mission and purpose is. This would be a job where I could walk into today and hit the ground running. I have probably more education then the people who a currently running the organization. This would be perfect.

Except…. The job doesn’t start till September. Ugh! I have the almost perfect job offered but it doesn’t begin until after summer. And on top of that they want me to give them an answer now!

I am a “right now” kind of guy. I like stuff to happen now. I get impatient when I have to wait for things. I believe I am a creature of my culture; that microwave, fast food, convenient store, got to have it my way generation. Things happen so fast that we forget to slow down and to savor the essence of life.

We forget that God’s time is not our time, and His ways are not our ways. God works from a different clock, which sometimes we just simply do not understand. We want things to happen now when it is most convenient for us. God looks out for our well being. He cares for us enough to make us wait. For it is in the waiting that we truly learn to lean on Him and exercise our faith. The bible says that we are made right with God by trusting in him with faith. Why would God make us wait? There are a number of reasons. One may be God is trying to teach us something through using patience. Maybe God is protecting us from something. Another reason my be that he just wants to support you fully for a time, and the only way to do that is to make you fully trust in him. There can be a number of reasons why He makes us wait. The only one assurance we can have is He does it for our sake and well being.

So if you are waiting for something and it seems that it just is not working the way you want it too, just remember God loves you and wants to see the best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment