Sunday, August 9, 2009

Peace with God

Romans 5:1-2: “therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.”

It is only by faith that one can get peace with God; faith in the precious power of the work on the cross. Those who have become Christ-followers now have peace and right standing before God. We as believers have a freedom and hope that we did not have before. When I was a not a disciple of Christ I was a slave to my sin and lifestyle. I did not have the hope of ever being free from those behaviors and actions. In fact, I went out of my way to do evil things because I did not want to do anything that would line me up with “being good.”

Christ changed all of that. I am no longer an object of God’s displeasure. Rather, I am now an object of happiness and pleasure for Him. I am now able to pursue a relationship with Him, and He with me. I am now a recipient of His grace. Now I have a helper and friend to walk this wonderful journey of Faith with. I now have someone rooting for me and wanting to see me succeed. God wants the best for us and that is why He calls us to make that decision.

Therefore, when I go through tough times I know that God will not let those tough times happen for no reason. The scriptures go on to say “And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.” VS. 3-5

As a Christ-follower I have hope that I will see my precious Jesus one day. Furthermore, I know that even when I go through trials and tribulations I can take heart and be strengthened in the knowledge that God is on my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment