Friday, September 25, 2009

Children of God

Gal 3:26-27: “So you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.27 And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have been made like Him. 28 There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male or female. For you are all Christians--you are one in Christ Jesus. 29 And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and now all the promises God gave to him belong to you.”

To realize that I am a child of God through Jesus Christ is an awesome thought. That means I can see God as a Father. I am no longer a stranger or an outcast; I am now a part of His family. God, as my heavenly Father gives me certain privileges that I once did not possess. Now, I have a comforter that takes me into His arms when the world is caving in around me, I now have someone who will protect me and fight for me. God will train and discipline me, He will provide for me, and care for my well being.

Being a child of God also brings to us a huge responsibility. That responsibility is to represent our family with honor and integrity. I need to make sure that I am representing my family in a positive light. There is no reason why we, who are a part of God’s family, should act in a way that dishonors our Father. Being our heavenly Father is not the only role that God plays in our life. He is our friend, our king, our conqueror, and our Judge. However, it is so comforting to know that God sees me not as this person that He needs to release His anger and judgment on, but someone that is His very own flesh, a legitimate son that looks to Him so expectantly. I can call Him daddy, when I am in trouble, when I am in pain, when I can’t make sense of this world, when I rejoice, and when I am happy.

Application
– Once we in faith become Christ-followers then we belong to God’s family. He then is our Heavenly Father

Challenge
– Just like your earthly Father, we are to behave in ways that honor our father and obey what He commands us to do.

Tomorrows Readings:
Old Testament: Isaiah 7-9 New Testament Gal 4

No comments:

Post a Comment